BHARATI VIDYAPEETH, MEDICAL COLLEGE PUNE, the higher educational Institution was founded in 1989 with the sole aim of enhancing the overall personality of its students. In the starting, it got affiliation from Pune University but after few years it became the constituent of its own deemed university so as got the affiliation from University in 1996
- The college is recognized by the Medical Council of India and the General Medical Council of Great Britain. It holds the special place in its university in terms of best education centre and got the place in world health organization directory
- The College campus and its hospital has excellent infrastructure which covered the total area of 75 acres having four storied building, big corridors, 5 main lecture halls, ample space &lush greenery surrounding
- The institute offers 20 department courses and the pre clinical & Para clinical departments are in main building .All the departments have well furnished and Air conditioned rooms, LCD Projectors, well equipped Laboratories and many research facilities
- The students have great advantage of learning in this institute as they can easily appear for USMLE & PLAB exams. The main objective of Institute is to empower students with extreme knowledge & to produce the high standard competent doctors with humanitarian approach towards their patients
- The college is upgrading its level day by day by imparting the quality education to the students. It has amazing highly qualified faculty members who are always there to solve the problem areas of students. For enhancing and upgrading the level of students, college has its own hospital so that students can get practical training from that & can improve their performance
- The college has special Medical Education technology unit which provide advanced training skills to the teachers so as increase their knowledge for effectual teaching. The central Audiovisual Unit in the college is well maintained & provides facilities like Video Camera, Digital camera and Microphotography apparatus.
The College and the attached hospital is situated on main Pune – Satara Road in the southern part of Pune city about 5 km. from Swargate (one of the major bus terminus in the city). The Medical College and attached teaching hospital occupy 25 acres of land on a sprawling 75 acres of the lush green campus.
The medical college and all the courses/degrees run by it are recognized by Medical Council of India. The General Medical Council of Great Britain has also given recognition to this college. The college is listed in World Health Organization’s directory of recognized medical educational institutes. The students of this institute are eligible to appear for USMLE and PLAB exams.