VIT was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride.
Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.
It was established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, and was founded in 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA. Sankar Viswanathan, Sekar Viswanathan and G.V. Selvam are the Vice-Presidents; Dr. Anand A. Samuel is the Vice-Chancellor and Dr. S. Narayanan is the Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
We at VIT will impart futuristic technical education and instil high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
Our mission is to educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, and from other countries, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society. We will provide individual attention, world-class quality education and take care of character building.
- Provisional Admission letter (photocopy)
- VITEEE-2018 e-Admit card, Counselling Admit card and VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof certificate
- Qualifying examination mark statements of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate / School leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST Candidates only)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura)
- Student Profile (if not submitted at the time of counselling)
- Recent passport size colour photos - 4 Nos.
- Affidavit to be signed separately by Student, Parent and Hostel on a Rs. 20/- Non-judicial stamp paper. (Format available at VIT website)
- Certificate of Physical Fitness (Format available at VIT website)
- 2 sets of photocopies of all original documents (Except Affidavits / Physical Fitness Certificate / Student Profile)