Delhi Technological University, Delhi

study in Delhi

Delhi Technological University offers the following programs:

Science Courses
M.Tech. (Bioinformatics)2 Years
Ph.D. (Applied Chemistry)3 Years
Ph.D. (Applied Mathematics)3 Years
Ph.D. (Applied Physics)3 Years
Ph.D. (Biotechnology)3 Years

Why Study in Delhi Technological University

Delhi Technological University (DTU) was established in 1941 as Delhi Polytechnic under the direct control of Government of India. Prof. S. C. Sen, a highly dynamic & visionary principal who took over in 1949 approached University of Delhi for affiliation and starting Bachelor of Engineering degree courses. In 1958 Government of India decided to convert Delhi Polytechnic into Delhi College of Science & Technology. More than 200 acres of land was allocated; new and grand building came up, but later on the name IIT Delhi was given to the Institute. Functioning of IIT started in 1962; Textile Engineering and Chemical Engineering Departments of Delhi Polytechnic were shifted en-block to IIT Delhi and became part of it. Functioning of IIT started in 1962; Textile Engineering and Chemical Engineering Departments of Delhi Polytechnic were shifted en-block to IIT Delhi and became part of it. On the persistent demand of Delhi population Delhi Polytechnic remained at Kashmere Gate. In 1960, Department of Architecture was separated from the College and it became School of Planning and Architecture and now it is a Deemed University. Up till 1962, the College was under the direct control of Ministry of Education, Government of India. Since 1963, Delhi Polytechnic was taken over by the then Delhi Administration and Chief Commissioner Delhi was the ex-officio Chairman of the College.

"75 years of Tradition of excellence in Engineering & Technology Education, Research and Innovations" Delhi College of Engineering, (initially established with the name – Delhi Polytechnic) came into existence in the year 1941 to cater the needs of Indian industries for trained technical manpower with practical experience and sound theoretical knowledge. The institution was set up at historic Kashmere Gate campus as a follow up of the Wood and Abott Committee of 1938. It comprised of a multi disciplinary and multi level institution offering wide ranging programmes in engineering, technology, arts and sculpture, architecture, pharmacy and commerce. The national diploma awarded by the institution was recognized as equivalent to degree level for the purposes of employment. In 1952 the college was affiliated with University of Delhi and started formal Degree level Programmes.

The department of Architecture later became the School of Planning and Architecture, now a Deemed University and Institution of National importance. The department of Arts and Sculpture became College of Arts and the departments of Chemical Technology and Textile Technology were shifted out en-block to mark beginning of the IIT Delhi at its new campus at Hauz Khas. The department of commerce was later abolished and the faculty of management studies of the University of Delhi was established by Prof. A Das Gupta, of DCE. Delhi College of Engineering is thus the mother institution of a number of national projects including IITD, SPA, College of Arts and even the famous FMS.

Till 1962, the college was under the direct control of Ministry of Education, Government of India. In 1963, the administration of the college was handed over to Delhi Administration. Delhi College of Engineering was under the administrative control of Department of Technical Education & Training, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. For academic purposes, the college was affiliated to University of Delhi since 1952. From July 2009, the DCE has become Delhi Technological University vide Delhi act 6 of 2009.

There are well equipped spacious classrooms, drawing halls, laboratories, workshops and conference/seminar halls. A well stacked large library having state of art facilities has been developed. Laboratories and workshops have the best quality of equipments commensurate with the requirements of the curriculum of IP University and beyond. There are twelve computer laboratories, each equipped with the required number of computers, having latest hardware configuration and the latest software's. All the computers are networked through formatted LAN. The excellent Internet connectivity is provided via high speed dedicated optical fiber link of 200 Mbps capacity. Wi-Fi connectivity is also available in the entire campus.

The erstwhile DCE has functioned from its historic Kashmere Gate Campus for almost 55 years and has shifted in 1996 to its lush green sprawling campus of 164 Acres at Bawana Road, adjoining Sector-17, Rohini, Delhi-42. Its shifting to new campus has added the dimension of research and caused innovations in plenty, which has received high national and international acclaim. As a Delhi Technological University it has the desired autonomy to excel and shape itself as a world class Technological University.


Disclaimer: The information provided here is best to our knowledge. We do not guarantee the aptness of information. We would recommend to verify the information from Institute’s website as there could be changes from time to time. The above information is for information of students community in large and does not mean that we provide management quota admission in this College.

Enquire Us

To know more about the Admission Process call us at +91-9538317377 | +91-7411666661


UPCOMING EVENTS
joinus4GlobalEducation
Global Education Fair

Get Expert Guidance on Top institutions, Courses, Admission, Fees, Visa & Scholarships Attend the Global Education Fair & apply for scholarships & spot offers Register Now

joinus4GlobalEducation
University Visit

Meet delegates from Top Institutions at Global Opportunities PAN India Branches. Plan your career with our experts and secure your future! Visit us