CMR University (CMRU) is a private university in the state of Karnataka, established and governed by the CMR University Act-2013. CMR University aims to promote and undertake the advancement of university education in technical, health, management, life sciences and other allied sectors of higher and professional education.
We believe that creativity is the key competence required to excel in our complex world where independent thinkers, product leaders, artists, designers and innovators are the need of the hour. Our students learn creative concepts and design thinking regardless of their area of study. Students are evaluated on the basis of real life skills such as teamwork, presentation, research and initiative. CMR University fosters creative communities where new ideas can be nurtured, new discoveries made and new creations shared.
- To offer multi, inter and cross-disciplinary modular programmes with technology-enabled teaching-learning processes.
- To focus on research-led teaching and learning in an innovative and interdisciplinary learning environment; to create critical thinkers.
- To create leaders for knowledge based economy, with ethical demands of a society base.
- To engage talented intellectual capital with strong faculty diversity in knowledge and experience.
- To ensure transformation of learning into positive behavior of students.
The CMR Jnanadhara Trust started the National Junior School (now CMR National Public School) in 1991. Initially, the school primarily catered to the local neighborhood children. In its first year, the school had only six kindergarten students who studied in a modest school building located in the CMR family orchard. Over time, the CMR National Public School has grown to become a highly reputed educational institution, and today it is rated amongst the top CBSE schools in Bangalore. It is situated on a 2 acre campus, and hosts 3500 students from Montessori / Kindergarten through Grade XII every year.